Policies and Procedures
Love Your Library!
Rules of Conduct for All Library Patrons
Please help us keep your libraries safe and comfortable for use by everyone by giving your attention to the following:
- Be respectful of staff and other customers.
- Theft, mutilation, or failure to return library materials is a crime punishable by Mississippi law.
- Do not inhibit others’ usage of the library.
- No profanity.
- Do not disturb others with loud talk or cell phone usage.
- Use the library, its furnishings, and grounds appropriately, including public restrooms.
- Shirts, pants, and shoes must be worn.
- Library phones are for library usage only. Customers may ask to use the phone in emergency situations.
- No smoking, smoking devices, or other tobacco usages in the library, including library entrances.
- You are responsible for the security of any personal items at all times.
- The library is an alcohol and drug-free facility.
- No soliciting, panhandling, or gambling.
- Circulation of petitions or distribution of election materials is prohibited in the library and library entrances.
- No pets or animals may be brought into the library with the exception of service animals.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior and supervision of their children. (See Unattended Child Policy.)
VIOLATION OF THESE RULES OF CONDUCT CAN LEAD TO REVOKING LIBRARY PRIVILEGES AND/OR CONTACTING LOCAL POLICE
Rev. Approved March 23, 2016, Regional Board Meeting