Exhibits and Displays Policies - These policies are applicable to the exhibit areas in all public libraries within JGRLS. Persons or organizations wishing to exhibit or display must complete an Exhibit Application (PDF file).
Meeting Room General Policies - These policies are applicable to all meeting rooms within the public libraries comprising JGRLS. Persons or organizations wishing to use a library meeting room must complete a Meeting Room Application (WORD file). In addition an acknowledgement of the policies specific to the branch must also be completed and returned. For questions, please call your branch library.
Public Computer and Internet Use Policy and Customer Guidelines for Public Access Computer Workstations - previously adopted June 24 and July 22, 2003 by JGRLS Board of Trustees.
Public Internet Safety Policy - Re-affirmed by Regional Board of Trustees on June 24, 2003.
Charitable Donations Policy - From time to time we are asked to host within our libraries a drop box or bin for donations of food or other goods by local charitable organizations.Â We are happy to consider these requests individually.
1. Be respectful of staff and other customers.
2. Theft, mutilation, or failure to return library materials is a crime punishable by Mississippi law.
3. Do not inhibit others’ usage of the library.
4. No profanity.
5. Do not disturb others with loud talk or cell phone usage.
6. Use the library, its furnishings, and grounds appropriately, including public restrooms.
7. Shirts, pants, and shoes must be worn.
8. Library phones are for library usage only. Customers may ask to use the phone in emergency situations.
9. No smoking, smoking devices, or other tobacco usage in the library, including library entrances.
10. You are responsible for the security of any personal items at all times.
11. The library is an alcohol and drug-free facility.
12. No soliciting, panhandling, or gambling.
13. Circulation of petitions or distribution of election materials is prohibited in the library and library entrances.
14. No pets or animals may be brought into the library with the exception of service animals.
15. Parents are responsible for the behavior and supervision of their children. (See Unattended Child Policy.)
***VIOLATION OF THESE RULES OF CONDUCT CAN LEAD TO REVOKING LIBRARY PRIVILEGES AND/OR CONTACTING LOCAL POLICE***
Rev. Approved March 23, 2016 Regional Board Meeting