Adobe PDF Application
Position: Librarian II – Branch Manager
Location: Vancleave Public Library
Available: November 1, 2019
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THESE QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THE POSITION.
1. A Masters’ degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited graduate school.
2. Three years successful professional public library experience, with at least one year in a supervisory position.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated commitment to customer service, community involvement, networking, resource sharing, staff development and in-service training.
5. Knowledge of current technologies available to library staff and patrons.
6. Knowledge of integrated library systems and recent experience using them.
7. Active membership in one or more library-related professional organizations.
8. Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
SALARY/BENEFITS: The hiring salary range is $40,000-$45,000 (placement being dependent on experience and qualifications) with an excellent benefits package.
WORK HOURS: 37.5 hour work week; normal work schedule may include day, evening and rotating Friday/Saturday hours.
This is a professional librarian position involving the application of professional knowledge and interpersonal and management skills and abilities. Work is performed in accordance with Regional Library Board of Trustees approved policies and procedures and other directives as issued by JGRLS regional board of trustees, library administration, assistant directors, and director.
Candidates for this position must (1) complete an application for employment, (2) submit a formal letter of application to Lori Barnes, Director (3) submit a formal resume, and(3) provide an official copy of graduate school transcript upon offer of employment.
The employee holding this position is subject to an initial nine-month probationary period. All performance evaluations during and after this probationary period are conducted by the director.
TO APPLY: Must meet minimum qualifications to apply. Submit an application, formal letter and formal resume to Lori Barnes, Director, Jackson-George Regional Library System; 3214 Pascagoula Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567 or by email, email@example.com. Additional job information can be found at www.jgrls.org. This position is open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
-Library Employment Guidelines:
Most jobs follow these general guidelines: Under the direction and supervision of the Branch Manager and or his/her designee, employees holding part-time hourly positions assist other library personnel in completing certain tasks necessary for the efficient and effective access to and use of the library's collections of resources and services.
Work is performed in accordance with Regional Library Board of Trustees' approved policies and procedures and other directives as issued by the Branch Manager and Director.
Employees holding these positions will, through open and continuous channels of communication, complete all job duties and responsibilities accurately and in a timely manner. All employees are expected to possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to complete all assigned duties and responsibilities.
All candidates for open positions must complete:
(1) Application for Employment
(2) Supplemental Application
(3) Various testing - depending on position sought