Post in a Public Area
Jackson-George Regional Library System
September 15, 2022 until Filled
SALARY Range/BENEFITS: $20,600 - $22,500 Employees in this position are eligible for 100% of employee benefits.
Primary work-site is the Lucedale George County Public Library, located at 507 Oak Street, Lucedale, MS 39452.
This is a 37.5 hour-per-week, salaried position. Work schedule will include day, evening and Saturday shifts and may vary from time-to-time, contingent on the needs of the Branch Manager, the Library and the Library System.
The position of Library Assistant I: Public Services/Youth Services (F/T Salaried) is classified “non-exempt” under the provisions of the U.S. Fair Labor Stands Act Amendments of 1985.
All Library employees are required to work as an effective and efficient team. Employees in this job classification are expected to possess the skills needed to complete all non-professional routines and procedures. Using the team approach, employees will, through open and continuous channels of communication with members of the local community, subordinates, colleagues, and superiors, assume responsibility for day-to-day operations of the Library.
The person holding this position will devote the majority of their time to performing “youth services” responsibilities and will fill in at the public service desk on an as-needed basis. The Branch Manager is responsible for all work assignments and the time spent performing public service duties depend on the needs of the Branch and the Branch Manager.
13. Maintain the YS collection; arrange for attractiveness and ease of use; weed, develop methods to promote sections of the collection, new items, etc.
14. Develop and present weekly programs for preschoolers, including storytelling, crafts, flannel boards, puppet plays, etc.
15. Develop and present appropriate programming for all ages within the YS realm – Preschool, Children, Tween, and Teen.
16. Plan and execute the Summer Reading Program under the direction of the Branch Manager and JGRLS Coordinator of Youth Services.
17. Plan and execute special programs for outreach to public and private schools and daycare centers and other community groups in the community under direction of the Branch Manager.
18. Read, understand and implement workplace safety guidelines, as issued.
19. Attend branch, system and other meetings and training programs, including overnight travel, as required.
The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from this position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
The employee holding this position is subject to an initial six-month probationary period for new hires. Employees will receive performance evaluations conducted by the Branch Manager periodically during this period. Thereafter, performance evaluations are conducted annually by the Branch Manager and reviewed by the Library Director.
Go to http://www.jgrls.org/services/employment.html to download an application. Applications are also available at any of the Jackson George Regional Libraries.
Please send your resume and a completed job application to Darlene Broadus, Human Resources Manager, Jackson George Regional Library System, 3214 Pascagoula Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567 or email HR@jgrls.org
Job Type: Full-time
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The employee holding any position must (1) meet employment eligibility requirements as set forth in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and the implementing regulations; (2) read, understand, and sign the System’s Personnel Policies; (3) read, understand and sign the System’s Drug Free Work-Place Policy and Employee Memorandum; (4) read, understand, and sign other Library policy/procedure statements pertinent to this position.
-Library Employment Guidelines:
Most jobs follow these general guidelines: Under the direction and supervision of the Branch Manager and or his/her designee, employees holding part-time hourly positions assist other library personnel in completing certain tasks necessary for the efficient and effective access to and use of the library's collections of resources and services.
Work is performed in accordance with Regional Library Board of Trustees' approved policies and procedures and other directives as issued by the Branch Manager and Director.
Employees holding these positions will, through open and continuous channels of communication, complete all job duties and responsibilities accurately and in a timely manner. All employees are expected to possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to complete all assigned duties and responsibilities.
All candidates for open positions must complete:
(1) Application for Employment
(2) Supplemental Application
(3) Various testing - depending on position sought