Location: Gautier Public Library -- Application PDF click here
Available: February 1, 2018
1. High School Diploma or GED and 18 years of age.
2. Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
3. Must be able to work mornings, evenings, and weekends (Saturday) as scheduled and work up to 16 hours per week.
4. Must have good communications skills, both orally and written.
5. Must have good computer skills, and have the ability to learn new computer applications.
6. Must be able to push carts filled with books, lift boxes of books, bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves while holding books, and other physical tasks as needed.
1. Prefer candidates that have a JGRLS library card.
2. Prefer candidates with previous work experience involving providing goods or services to the public.
Wages: Minimum Wage: $7.25/hour
WORK HOURS: Up to 16 hour/week; including evenings and weekends.
DUTIES: In conjunction with other library personnel, shelving of materials, mending materials, prepare new items for circulation, staff public service desk; answer phones; assist Library Manager in day-to-day operations as required.
TO APPLY: Applications can be picked up beginning January 5, 2018 at Gautier Public Library, 2100 Library Lane, Gautier, MS or from the www.jgrls.org/services/employment website.
DEADLINE: All applications must be completed and submitted to the Gautier Public Library by 5:00 p.m. January 18, 2018. Mandatory skill & knowledge tests will be given by appointment at the Pascagoula Public Library. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
-Library Employment Guidelines:
Most jobs follow these general guidelines: Under the direction and supervision of the Branch Manager and or his/her designee, employees holding part-time hourly positions assist other library personnel in completing certain tasks necessary for the efficient and effective access to and use of the library's collections of resources and services.
Work is performed in accordance with Regional Library Board of Trustees' approved policies and procedures and other directives as issued by the Branch Manager and Director.
Employees holding these positions will, through open and continuous channels of communication, complete all job duties and responsibilities accurately and in a timely manner. All employees are expected to possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to complete all assigned duties and responsibilities.
All candidates for open positions must complete:
(1) Application for Employment
(2) Supplemental Application
(3) Various testing - depending on position sought