August 6, 2014-August 18, 2014
Position: Library Assistant I – Youth Services
Location: Lucedale- George County Public Library
Available: September 1, 2014
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THESE QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THE POSITION.
1. AA degree or 60 semester hours of college credit.
2 Two (2) years paid full-time office or public contact work experience, with at least one year dealing with children and young people.
3. Knowledge of contemporary and classic children’s literature.
4. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to navigate the Internet
6. Ability to place items in proper alphabetical and numerical sequence.
7. Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation.
8. Must be able to push carts filled with books, lift boxes of books, bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves while holding books and other physical tasks as needed.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Starting Salary - $20,272.62
WORK HOURS: 37.5 hour work week; two evenings a week and every other Saturday.
DUTIES: The employee holding this position will devote approximately 50% of their time to performing general public service duties and responsibilities and approximately 50% of their time performing youth services duties and responsibilities. Under the authority of the Director, the Branch Manager is responsible for determining all work assignments and these percentages may vary based on the needs of the branch library and the Manager.
TO APPLY: All applications must be completed and submitted to the Lucedale-George County Library by 5:00 on August 18, 2014. Mandatory computerized tests will be given by appointment on August 22, 2014 at the Lucedale-George County Public Library.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.