Post in Staff and Public Area – November 18- December 5, 2014
Announcement of Career Ladder Position
Position: Librarian II – Branch Manager
Location: East Central Public Library
Available: January 1, 2015
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THESE QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THE POSITION.
A. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. A Masters' degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited graduate school.
2. Three years successful professional public library experience, with at least one year in a supervisory position.
3. Effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrated commitment to customer service, community involvement, networking, resource sharing, staff development and in-service training.
5. Knowledge of current technologies available to library staff and patrons.
6. Knowledge of integrated library systems and recent experience using them.
7. Active membership in one or more library-related professional organizations.
8. Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Starting Salary Range - $42,000-$48,000
WORK HOURS: 37.5 hour work week; normal work schedule may include day, evening and rotating Friday/Saturday hours.
1. Responsible for the management, supervision and development of the East Central Public Library.
2. Work with branch and system staff to develop a series of programs for various age groups and the general public to be presented at the library throughout the year.
3. Develop awareness and understanding of community concerns, issues, and interests. Become involved in the community, with active membership in at least one major civic organizations serving residents of Pascagoula.
4. Responsible for maintenance of facilities and grounds, working with the assistant director to develop and implement plans when assistance beyond those available through the regular library custodial staff is required.
5. Organize, train, direct, schedule, motivate and evaluate paid and volunteer personnel.
6. Analyze personnel, budget, services, equipment and facility needs and problems and recommend cost-effective and efficient solutions appropriately.
7. Plan and perform materials selection, weeding, and other collection development activities, in accordance with established policies.
8. Conduct orientation and other training, re-training and cross training programs for personnel as needed.
9. Communicate, model, and implement approved policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner.
10. Serve as the primary liaison with JGRLS administrative staff.
11. Prepare forms and reports as needed, scheduled or requested, including purchase orders, monthly schedules, branch statistics, requests for public relations services, and inventory reports and other reports as needed.
12. Closely monitor expenditures of all departments and staff supervised.
13. Support the activities of the Friends and other groups working to support the East Central Public Library and/or JGRLS.
14. Stay current with developments in the field of librarianship through professional reading, association memberships, and attendance at professional workshops and conference and participation in in-house and online training as requested.
15. Schedule and conduct regular branch staff meetings.
TO APPLY: In-House Candidates: Most meet minimum qualifications to apply. Submit a formal letter of application to Lori Barnes, Director, at the Jackson-George Regional Library System; 3214 Pascagoula Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567. The letter should state why you want the position and what your career goals and objectives are.
Out-of-House Candidates: Most meet minimum qualifications to apply. Submit a formal letter and formal resume to Lori Barnes, Director, Jackson-George Regional Library System; 3214 Pascagoula Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567. Additional job information can be found at www.jgrls.org. Deadline is December 05, 2014.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.