ANNOUNCEMENT OF LIBRARY DIRECTOR POSITION
The Jackson-George Regional Library System Invites Applications for Library Director
Available October 1, 2013
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
Benefits: Low Cost Health Insurance
20 days paid annual leave
16 days paid sick leave
10 days paid holiday leave
Location: Pascagoula Public Library Headquarters
3214 Pascagoula Street
Pascagoula, MS, 39567
Duties: Manages a two-county Library System consisting of eight library Branches, Jackson County Law Library and Headquarters Administrative offices with a full-time staff of 85 people. The System operates on a budget of $5.2 million.
The Director must be a dynamic, highly motivated leader who has demonstrated a high degree of management and leadership skills, sensitivity to community needs, the ability to manage change, the skills and ability to work cooperatively with the administrative Board of Trustees and the skills needed to motivate staff to continued high levels of service.
The MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for this position are as follows:
1. Masters degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited graduate school.
2. Five years of successful administrative/management experience in a public library.
3. Proven skills and ability to effectively interface with all Library employees, Library trustees and advisory groups, local governmental personnel, community leaders, local groups and organizations.
4. Demonstrated management, supervisory, planning, organizational, leadership, motivational and other professional and interpersonal skills.
5. Effective verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking skills.
6. Working knowledge of current library-related technologies and trends.
7. Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Candidates meeting MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS must submit a formal letter of application and resume to Bruce Grimes, Chairman, Jackson-George Regional Library System Board , C/O Cynthia Winters, Personnel and Reports Manager, Pascagoula Public Library; 3214 Pascagoula Street, Pascagoula, MS 39567. The letter should state why you want the position and what your career goals and future objectives for the library system and yourself include.
The deadline to apply for this position is July 31, 2013.